Who We Are
Elixir is a pharmacy benefits and services company headquartered in Twinsburg, Ohio. We have over 1,500 employees supporting a rapidly growing membership base of over 20 million members, creating savings for them as well as thousands of plan sponsors. Rite Aid’s acquisition of Elixir in 2015 brings together two national health care companies that give consumers more pharmacy options, and plan sponsors improved manufacturer relationships and analytic capabilities.
Over the years, Elixir was thoughtful about its growth, acquiring all the pieces needed to optimize the full pharmacy care experience. The evolution began in 2001, when a group of former pharmacists and healthcare executives created EnvisionRx as the antidote to the traditional pharmacy benefit management (PBM) business model, establishing the first truly transparent PBM. In 2014, the organization acquired MedTrakRx, a pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) that was started in 1999 with a goal of offering better customer service than anyone in the industry. We continued to grow and became a wholly owned subsidiary of Rite Aid Corporation—one of the nation’s leading drug store chains—in 2015. In 2020, we blended into Elixir, combining all of the resources of EnvisionRxOptions and refining our operations to bring the best of our proven solutions from across our businesses, allowing us to offer crafted solutions to cure today’s pharmacy benefits challenges.
A Brief Timeline of Our History:
- 1999 – MedTrakRx was founded as a PBM with a mission to provide the best customer service.
- 2001 – EnvisionRx was founded as the first truly transparent PBM.
- 2004 – EnvisionSavings debuted, offering prescription discount programs for under and non-insured.
- 2007 – EnvisionInsurance launched a national Medicare Part D plan for individuals.
- 2008 – EnvisionPharmacies (previously Orchard) was acquired, launching mail order Rx services.
- 2010 – EnvisionFertility (previously DesignRx) was acquired, launching fertility Rx discount services.
- 2010 – HospiceRx launched as a PBM delivering end-of-life prescription benefit management to hospices.
- 2011 – EnvisionSpecialty was introduced by EnvisionPharmacies, providing specialty pharmacy services.
- 2011 – EnvisionInsurance added offering for group Medicare plans.
- 2013 – LakerSoftware was acquired, providing an industry leading technology platform.
- 2014 – MedTrakRx, along with HospiceRx, was acquired by EnvisionRxOptions.
- 2014 – EnvisionRxOptions is rebranded as a pharmacy benefits and services company.
- 2015 – Rite Aid Corporation acquires EnvisionRxOptions as a wholly owned subsidiary.
- 2019 – New leadership is established at Rite Aid and EnvisionRxOptions.
- 2020 – Elixir has evolved as a blending of the best solutions from across our businesses.
Compliance & Ethics
Elixir is committed to achieving the highest level of regulatory compliance and ethics. We foster a culture of doing the right thing through the key aspects of our Compliance and Ethics program: oversight, collaboration, innovation, and education. We go beyond doing what is required by applicable laws and regulations to do what is ethically in the best interests of our clients, members, and stakeholders.
Our Compliance and Ethics program leverages subject matter experts with core competencies in Legal, Pharmacy, CMS Program Audits, and Audits/Monitoring - helping us achieve the highest standards of integrity, accountability and excellence. Our Code of Conduct and underlying company policies provide guidance to all employees on how to behave legally and ethically. As both a national PDP plan sponsor and the PBM partner for more than 25 Medicare and Medicaid plans (including MAPDs, PDPs, SNPs, PACE programs, and MMP programs) that cover more than 1.5 million members, we recognize the myriad of compliance requirements that our clients face and we partner with them to facilitate their compliance efforts, member satisfaction, and high Star Ratings goals.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about Elixir's Compliance and Ethics program, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For compliance concerns or to report an incident, please call the compliance hotline at 866-417-3069 or visit myethicsline.elixirsolutions.com.
Our unique approach to pharmacy benefits helps more than 20 million patients get access to life changing and often lifesaving medications.
Elixir was born from a desire to create a better way for people to get the prescription drugs they need. Over the years, we’ve been thoughtful about our growth and now own all of the pieces needed to optimize the full pharmacy care experience. As a part of the Rite Aid Corporation— one of the nation’s leading drugstore chains— Elixir is poised to maintain our rapid growth and continuous innovation.
At Elixir, there are many ways to grow with opportunities and engaging career paths for self-motivated, strong performers who want stepping-stones and career advancement. We have administrative, management, technical and clinical positions available in the areas of pharmacy benefit management, medication dispensing, Part D prescription plans and prescription savings plans.
Utilization Management Statement
- Utilization Management decision making is based only on appropriateness of care and service and existence of coverage.
- The organization does not specifically reward practitioners or other individuals for issuing denials of coverage.
- Financial incentives for Utilization Management decision makers do not encourage decisions that result in underutilization.
Submit Your Resume: